Chefchaouen - the blue city

19:29

  
OMG! from where to start? oh! So my friend Hoda katebi decided after visiting many famous cities in Morocco it's time to go to Chefchaouen, She called me ( and since I'm a good friend) and I said yes, why not ? I mean I love plants (if you know what I'm saying), the city is all painted it in blue which gives it a beautiful view, and I was really in a good mood to travel.So as we were planning to go we started to look for a guest house, fixing the timing and deciding how we should get there.Hoda decided that we should take a car and I didn't hesitate so I agreed right away, and I also invited another friend and my cousin to join us in the trip. Saturday 28th of February we packed our stuff in the back of the rental car we started to hitting the road to Chefchaouen. It was all fun, until 20km (13 miles) the car broke down in the middle of the road in a hill in around 6:00 PM , it was so embarrassing, dangerous and crazy, we were stuck in a village with the mechanic who was fixing the car for a huge amount of money, but lucky us the people of the village were so nice and they provide us with food and also invited us to their warm places in case we wanted to stay the night.It got close to midnight and the owner of the house we rented in Chefchaouen called us and asked us if we could come earlier to get the house key, so me and Hoda had no choice and we left my friend and cousin with the mechanic and we went both hitchhiking to Chefchaouen.We were so lucky to get there on time, but the house wasn't as awesome as we expected...still no choice, few hours later the group was reunited again and we went all to sleep like little babies (I was probably snoring hahaha). The next day we woke up around 9:00 AM the house keeper prepared breakfast for us (not a fancy one),later that day we starting hanging out and letting Hoda explore the city, we also had Moroccan mint-tea and "Chamali" breakfast (Yes, we had the second breakfast).2:00 PM sharp we packed our stuff to hit back the road to Casablanca,and guess what? the car broke down again but this time in the middle of the city.Long story short if you want to rent a car, make sure to do a mechanic checking before leaving the city.

You Might Also Like

0 comments